Speak to our neighbours? No way! We are British and it is something that is simply not done any more!
Well, we are called to love our neighbours "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matthew 19:19.
Without a doubt, part of loving your neighbour is to tell them about Jesus.
Here you will find 5 ways to reach the neighbours close to you and in the whole of the town or city!
1. Go talk to them! Pray and seek dialogue. Sounds old fashioned but it is strange how little we talk to each other.
2. Send them a greetings card, use Easter and Christmas to simply send a card to your neighbours. Include a church invite to dialogue, to an event or even put on a BBQ. Include a tract with the greetings card. We can help you design and print your own custom cards CLICK HERE for details
3. Advertise in a local circular magazine or newspaper. perhaps place a quarter page advert in one, offering readers a Bible, or even a Bible study (use our website to do this if you like - www.free-Bible.co.uk) or more information on Christian things if they email you.
4. Door to door flyers. for example, we offer a free door to door flyer that has had a massive amount of response. You can view the flyer by clicking the following link and viewing "A gift is awaiting your collection" - CLICK HERE also, read our special article about using your letterbox for evangelism CLICK HERE
To encourage you, here is a photo of one brother who has so far ordered 15,000 of the tract "Gift awaiting your collection", with the help of others, he put one through the door of the majority of his neghbourhood in Sleaford!
Read our article here about what inspired this Gospel tract; CLICK HERE
5. Scripture boards or posters in the window or in the garden. For decades now church buildings have been displaying scripture signs outside. Why should it just be churches where this is done? Outside of the house pictured below there is a bus stop facing the house where not only do many people stand, but they sit while on the bus. It does not matter how many folk pass the signs, the fact is people read them! Also outside of this house is a long queue of traffic in rush hour! Perfect! Countless people walk past in the week. Not only that, you get to know the Christians in the area, as many have knocked at this door.
Stop and think about where best to do this with your home. Imagine how many folk would read it who happen to be passing by the area, let alone it being there as a reminder to the neighbours! Read our special article all about making Christ known through printed posters CLICK HERE.
We can help you with printed scripture posters - CLICK HERE for details
Why not speak with other Christians about how they reach their neighbours?
Remember to pray daily about your neighbours and their salvation. Why not pray daily for an opportunity to speak with them?
Can you think of anything to add to this article? Contact us with your stories and ideas.
For His Glory,
For a helpful article on the subject of publicly displaying scriptures, check out this article by Josh Williamson, pastor at Newquay Baptist Church (click here)
To order your free printed posters, fill out our online form here: https://xpandchristianity.co.uk/outreach-tools/free-a3-poster-offer
Other related articles:
<<<<<How to use one our free tracts
5 ways to reach thousands for Christ
How to encourage your church fellowship to give out tracts
63 (and counting) places to leave Gospel tracts
4 inspiring videos about Gospel tracts
Know the law regarding evangelism
The value of Gospel tracts / literature